Although facing competition from other debit cards such as Visa Debit, Maestro is still considered one of the most popular payment methods amongst UK online gamblers. Especially after the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) has banned the use of credit cards recently.
How to Make a Deposit/Withdrawal with Maestro at an Online Casino
Whether you are using a Maestro card that is prepaid or connected to your bank account, depositing your favourite online casino or sports betting site is easy. Just follow the steps below:
Depositing Funds with Maestro:
- At your chosen casino’s cashier, go to the deposit section.
- Select Maestro as your preferred payment method. If the Maestro option isn’t available, you can select Visa/MasterCard as your payment option and use Maestro.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- Enter the CVV number on your Maestro card.
- Provide/set up your password/PIN.
- Approve the transaction, and the funds should be in your casino account within seconds.
Withdrawing Winnings with Maestro:
- In the casino’s withdrawal section, select Maestro as your preferred withdrawal option.
- Enter the information required, such as card number, PIN, etc.
- Confirm the transaction.
Withdrawals with Maestro can take between 2 and 4 business days to complete in most UK casinos. It requires authorization from the service operator and bank, given the money is sent to your linked account. Some UK casinos might not allow Maestro withdrawals, so you will need to look for other alternatives in this case.
Using Maestro on Mobile Online Gambling Sites
Being able to gamble on the go is one of the keystones of every gambling enthusiast’s requirements. Android, iOS and Windows Phone mobile devices give you access to Maestro-supported online casinos. The steps involved in making deposits and withdrawals in the mobile casinos using Maestro are similar to and as simple as done on a desktop.
Maestro Pros and Cons for Use at Online Casinos
- Guaranteed secure transactions.
- PIN-based, easy and private card.
- Use at any casino accepting MasterCard.
- Can be used anywhere outside of gambling that accepts MasterCard.
- Quick and easy registration.
- A good tool for managing your casino bankroll.
- Not all casinos offer Maestro withdrawals.
- Although Maestro is globally accepted, many UK banks and merchants prefer Visa Debit.
Alternatives to Using Maestro at Online Casinos
Even though Maestro is one of the longest-standing names in the market and very reliable and secure, not all UK casinos use it. If you are still looking to use a debit card, most casinos and sportsbooks offer MasterCard and Visa Debit. You will also find e-wallets like PayPal and EcoPayz, bank transfers, and lately cryptocurrencies like bitcoin.