PayPal Bingo – UK Bingo Sites That Accept PayPal
When it comes to funding your online bingo account, many players find PayPal to be the most convenient option. It’s quick, simple to use, and flexible for both deposits and withdrawals, without having to input your card details at every turn. As a major international payment processor, PayPal is amongst the most secure payment methods available for handling your bingo banking. A number of leading bingo sites already offer support for PayPal payments, with a selection of some of our favourites below.
*18+. T&C’s apply to each of the offers below, click “Get Bonus” for more details
What is PayPal?
PayPal was established way back in 1998, as a convenient method of sending and receiving money online. It was subsequently acquired by eBay, which took PayPal mainstream. Even if you’ve never used PayPal for online bingo before, chances are you probably already have an account somewhere. This familiarity and convenience are a large part of what makes PayPal the preferred option for an increasing number of online bingo fans.
Why Should You Use PayPal at Online Bingo Sites?
- Simple and Convenient – PayPal’s main strength is how easy it is to use. Once you’ve set up your PayPal account and linked your bank account and debit card, it’s just a case of logging in and confirming a payment each time you want to send or withdraw money. Probably the easiest e-wallet to use for managing your online bingo funds.
- Quick turnarounds on deposits and withdrawals – PayPal deposits are virtually instant at most online bingo sites, reflecting in your bingo balance within seconds. Withdrawals are also faster to PayPal, usually taking anywhere from 1-24 hours after processing time. This compares to around 3-5 days for debit card withdrawals, for example.
- Completely secure – There’s no need to enter your bank details – simply login to your PayPal account to complete your deposit. PayPal is one of the most secure payment processors in the world, so you should have no concerns about the safety of your funds or your personal information if you choose to run your transactions through PayPal.
Disadvantages of Using PayPal
- Not available at every bingo site – While we can recommend a number of bingo sites that support PayPal, this is not yet quite standard practice. As such, it’s always worth checking your bingo site supports PayPal before signing up.
- High transaction fees – PayPal has high transaction fees for receiving money, compared to some other payment processors. However, for most small level transactions, the different is not substantial, and probably outweighed by the convenience of use.
- Exchange rates – Similarly, if you’re exchanging money across currencies on PayPal, you’ll pay a higher fee for the privilege. This is easily avoided by holding a local currency balance in your PayPal account.
- Simple and convenient
- Super quick
- Very secure
- Not available at every bingo site
- High transaction fees
- High exchange rates
Deposits, Withdrawals & Fees
There are fees for sending and receiving money with PayPal, charged at 3.4% + 20p when you’re paying by a card. Money sent from your PayPal balance does not attract any fees. The same applies in the case of withdrawals, and with exchanging currencies, where a 3-4% fee also applies.
Deposits are usually instant from PayPal, and should automatically update on your bingo balance once the transaction is complete. If this doesn’t happen, give it a minute – it’s almost always automatically processed.
Withdrawals may require a processing period, but generally you can expect these to be fastest when paid to your PayPal account. Expect 1-24 hours as the standard, with a further 2 hours to withdraw from PayPal to your bank account if your bank supports Faster Payments.
|Deposit Fee Details||Amount|
|Min Deposit||£5 – £20|
|Max Deposit||£1000 – £20,000|
|Min Withdrawal||£5 – £30|
|Max Withdrawal||£5000 – £120,000|
|Withdrawal Time||0-7 days|
|Fees for Sending Money||Free or 3.4% + 20p when using a credit card|
|Fees for Receiving Money||Free or 3.4% + 20p when using a credit card|
|Fees for Currency Exchange||3% - 4%|
PayPal Bingo Offers
There are plenty of promotions for players considering PayPal bingo sites.
Betfred Bingo offers players the chance to get £40 in bonuses, when they spend £10. They’ll also throw in 50 free spins on Rainbow Ryan, credited to your account within 24 hours of getting setup. The offer is only open to new players, and you need to bet £10 on bingo with promo code BINGO90 to qualify.
Wink Bingo also offer a similar incentive for PayPal players, with their spend £10 get £30 bonus – plus, you also get a free £10 Wink Reward, which you can redeem for bonuses or vouchers in the Wink Shop. You’ll also find some great ongoing promotions here, as well a close-knit online community, in what remains one of the UK’s leading bingo sites for PayPal players.
Paddy Power Bingo is another good option for PayPal – they’ve got a spend £10, get £40 bonus in play, which is a combined bingo and slots bonus. As one of the UK’s leading betting brands, Paddy Power is always worth considering. Their welcome bonus allows you to play the likes of Coronation Street Bingo and Rainbow Riches Bingo, as well as taking your chances with some great slots games – all with the convenience of PayPal deposits and withdrawals.
For an alternative offer, checkout our Heart Bingo review.
How To Spot a PayPal Bingo Site
There are three simple ways to spot a PayPal bingo site.
- Check Our Recommended List: Find pre-approved PayPal bingo sites in our recommended list above.
- Check Bingo Site Footer: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at the footer. Bingo sites that offer PayPal will commonly include the PayPal logo at the foot of their page, so you can see at a glance whether PayPal is supported.
- Check Bingo Site Banking Section: If all else fails, you can find more information on the bingo site’s banking page. This is usually where bingo operators outline all the deposit and withdrawal method.
How To Register with PayPal
- Visit the PayPal website at PayPal.com and click ‘Sign Up’ in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose ‘Personal’ as account type and click continue.
- Complete the short form with your personal information.
- Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, check your inbox for a verification email.
- Congratulations! You’ve now registered with PayPal. But you still need to…
- Link Bank Account and Payment card. Follow the prompts during the sign-up process, or click on Profile > My Money to edit your linked bank account and/or card details.
How To Make a Deposit with PayPal
- At your chosen online bingo site, find your way to the Banking or Cashier page to initiate your deposit.
- Choose the amount you wish to deposit, and select PayPal as your chosen deposit method.
- Click to proceed with the deposit. This will now send you to a PayPal screen for confirmation.
- Check the amount is correct and confirm the payment through PayPal.
- After your payment is successful, you’ll be sent back to your online bingo account. Payment should be reflected near-immediately in your bingo balance.
How To Make a Withdrawal with PayPal
- Check you are eligible for a withdrawal, especially if you’ve claimed any kind of welcome bonus. Early withdrawals can in some cases void any remaining bonus funds, so it pays to double check before you withdraw.
- Head to the Banking/Cashier menu from within your online bingo account.
- Choose withdrawal, select PayPal as your withdrawal method, and set the amount you’d like to withdraw (subject to any minimum and maximum policies in place at your chosen PayPal bingo site).
- Complete the withdrawal request and prepare any documents for verification. In most cases, this is only required on your initial withdrawal.
- After processing is complete, your payment should arrive in your PayPal account within 1-24 hours in most cases. You’ll usually get an email notification when it arrives.
- Withdraw your funds to your bank account from PayPal at your earliest convenience.
How To Use PayPal on Mobile
There are two options for using PayPal on your mobile:
- PayPal App: PayPal’s iOS and Android apps are available for free download from the respective app stores, allowing you to send and withdraw money direct from your mobile.
- Through your bingo site/app: By choosing to deposit or withdraw in the usual way through your bingo account, you can still use PayPal on mobile – the site simply appears in your mobile browser when required so you can enter your email address and password to confirm your transaction.
Other e-Wallet Providers
Aside from PayPal, there are several other e-wallets and PayPal alternatives you can consider for deposit and withdrawals, most of which are uniformly accepted across the majority of online bingo sites.
Probably one of the closest services to PayPal, Skrill is often found where PayPal isn’t. Skrill has a different fee structure, but it’s broadly a very similar service to PayPal – if a little less convenient, in that you might not have a Skrill account already.
Neteller is another commonly used e-wallet, widely supported across online bingo sites. It’s worth noting that Neteller doesn’t charge for withdrawals, and is slightly cheaper across the board in most cases than Skrill.
Not an e-wallet at all – it’s in fact a pre-paid voucher system, similar to the old-style mobile phone top-up cards. You buy Paysafecards from a retailer, and enter the unique PIN number in your account to upload funds. Very secure way of funding your online account from cash.
Formerly a standalone payment option, Ukash has now been taken over by Paysafecard, which itself became a subsidiary of Skrill, as part of consolidations in the online payments sector. If you see this mentioned as a deposit option today, you should query it – the last remaining Ukash vouchers expired in 2015.
PayPal is incredibly convenient for online transactions, equally whether you’re buying something on eBay, sending money to a family member or topping up your online bingo account. It’s fast, secure and simple to use, and few can beat PayPal in terms of the sheer convenience. As a result, it’s unsurprisingly one of the most popular methods bingo players can use to fund their bingo accounts – even in preference to other leading e-wallet services.
Check out our full list of recommended bingo sites that take PayPal, read our bingo reviews, and enjoy the most convenient payments around, to and from your online bingo account.