Trusted and Safe Bingo Sites
Online bingo has become hugely popular in recent years, which means there are now more sites out there than you can possibly hope to enjoy. One of the most important things you need to check is how safe a site is. To ensure you get the best experience possible you need to find the most trusted bingo sites. In the list below, you’ll find some of the industry’s top picks as well as all the information you need to find a safe and trustworthy bingo site.
Safe Bingo Sites Indicators
The first thing you need to look for when you’re searching for a trustworthy online bingo website is whether they’re licensed by a recognised regulator. To find out whether a secure UK bingo site is licensed, you need to scroll to the bottom of their homepage and look for one the following names:
UK Gambling Commission (UKGC): Formed in 2007, this regulator is accredited by the government and oversees all aspects of the live and online betting industry in the UK. Over the last decade, the UKGC has become known as the leading regulator in the world.
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC): Active since 2000, the AGCC is one of the oldest governing bodies in the world.
- Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA): Entering the industry in 2005, the GBGA governing body is regarded as one of the best in the world.
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission: Among the oldest gambling commissions industry, the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission has been around since 1962.
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA): Among the leading regulators, this regulator oversees gaming, lottery and bingo.
- Lesser Regulation Authorities: Other international regulators are located in Belize, Curacao, Costa Rica. Although these organisations aren’t as stringent, they do offer some level of protection.
In terms of what the above regulators do, they’re basically there to protect you. As an example, let’s look at Heart Bingo. Being licensed by the UKGC and GBGA, this trustworthy online bingo site has to meet a number of standards in order maintain its licenses.
Some of the standards each regulator will look to for are:
- Show that random number generators (RNGs) are tested and certified as fair.
- Compliance with the local gambling laws such as ensuring players are old enough to play.
- Maintaining responsible gambling measures, such as controlling problem gambling.
- Manage complaints in a fair and efficient way.
- Proper advertising such as not promoting gambling as a way to make money, unfair/unclear terms and conditions.
- Hand out fines and suspend licenses if required.
Another way to find trusted online bingo sites online is to look at how popular it is. Although opinions are subjective, there are objective factors that go into supporting a bingo websites popularity. For example, Gala Bingo is one of the leading brands in the UK. One of the reasons for that is because it’s been around since 1991. Because players can look back at Gala’s long history of serving people across the UK, they’re happy to support it.
Licensed online bingo sites have to show their games are safe and fair. The only way to do this is to use a third-party, independent auditor. As well as conducting an initial test, these auditors will also carry out periodic reviews to ensure everything is as it should be. If you take a look at Wink Bingo, you’ll see that it’s certified by eCOGRA.
Tied in with popularity are player reviews. Although you have to watch out for fake reviews, there are places you can get real, honest opinions of an online bingo site. For example, as well as our own comments sections, sites such as AskGamblers and WhichBingo are full of personal insights. With these reviews, you’re getting an honest opinion rather than one someone has been paid to say.
Funds Protection & Trusted Payment Methods
When you’re playing online bingo for real money, the most important thing you need to establish is how a site stores your funds. As per the top regulator’s licensing conditions, your money must be kept separate from the operator’s.
Secure payment options are also a marker of a trusted online bingo site. Recognised processors such as Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Neteller and Skrill are a standard at every safe bingo website.
Things can go wrong, even at the safest bingo websites. In these instances, you’ll want to ensure an operator has multiple contact points. Email, live chat and phone should all be available at convenient times. Additionally, the leading UK bingo sites will also be active on social media. By engaging with followers via Twitter and Facebook, the most trustworthy bingo brands are not only able to provide a personal point of contact for players but easier access to information.
Responsible Gambling Tools
Safe UK bingo websites will give you the power to help yourself. Known as responsible gaming tools, the following features allow you to manage your money, restrict your gaming activity and more:
- Deposit limits.
- Time reminders (a pop-up that tells you how long you’ve been playing).
- Opt-out tools to stop you playing certain games/limits.
- Temporary and self-exclusions.
- Links to GamStop, GamCare and BeGambleAware.
In addition to responsible gaming tools, licensed UK bingo sites must comply with data protection laws. For those active within the European Union, GDPR rules are in force, which basically means sites need to be upfront about the data they collect, how they use it and, importantly, how you can opt-out of having certain information held about you.
Variety is a Sign of Quality
The final marker of a trustworthy online bingo site is variety. If a site has plenty of games, features and bonuses, the operator has clearly spent a lot of time and money on their product. If you look at Paddy Power Bingo, you’ll see that it not only offers 90 ball, 75 ball, themed and jackpot bingo but slots, table games and poker.
The UK online bingo industry is booming, but with that comes rogue operators. Choose a site from the list above and you’ll get a safe and trustworthy bingo operator where your funds are safe, enabling you to play with peace of mind